Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Mood Board ~ 3


thank you very much for supporting the creJJtion Etsy shop

and I am very glad to see some of you enjoying my blanket patterns !


~

this Easter Monday

I am slowly saying good bye to Easter yellow

and hello to purple

wait : purple ?

now me and purple have never been best friends

I am very sure this is the first time ever I am posting purple on creJJtion

but, there is a first for everything

actually Iris got me hooked in this post with a lovely lavender blue-purple

now that particular shade of purple I love dearly








when I saw the tea room chocolate selection I had to buy some of their beautiful packaging's

this mint one for example, in beautiful shades of green and a purple toned pink

and who can say no to a lovely cup of tea, with chocolate and cupcakes ? not me, that's for sure

I love this color combination; fresh, calming and classic looking

actually, this week I might go and buy my first ball of purple yarn ever

I might...

what about you and purple ?

~

Happy Easter Monday to those who celebrate and happy new week to all of you



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours Maaike...so much lovely inspiration here ♥
    Happy Easter to you and your family,
    Susan x
    P.S Now I am off to find your ETSY shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I am honored, your shop is beautiful!
      xx
      Maaike

      Delete
  2. All shade of purple are my favorites....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally do love all shades of purple especially the deep violet shade - I remember this being my great gran's favourite colour too and she had purple cushions on her chairs.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. oh that sounds like a lovely memory!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo stunning - I got married in a dress in exactly these colours - layered mint and lilac chiffons with the top part hand embroidered in heavy silver beads, resembling almost an Indian engagement dress. It was an early morning wedding in an African garden overlooking a lake and we served breakfast and hired a jazz band . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's a beautiful story... How special to have an early morning wedding in an African garden overlooking a lake! I am sure the pictures are amazing- what a beautiful memory. Thank you for sharing!
      xx

      Delete
  4. The combination of the purple with that beautiful aqua is just gorgeous. You certainly have way with color and inspiration. Have a beautiful week, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for saying that, Tammy! Have a lovely week yourself too,
      xx

      Delete
  5. mint and purple...love it! My aunt had a purple room when I was growing up and I still remember it to this day.
    Thank you for your sweet wishes my friend...you are such an encourager...yes...my book is done! Sent the last little bit in today....you really don't know how happy I am. xoxoxo HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous purple post! Me and purple are the best of friends, all shades and tones we just love each other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dat heb ik nou met de kleur mintgroen.... Brrr, nee niet mijn kleur. Eerst had ik dat ook met roze. Maar nu heb ik een kleine meid, die houdt natuurlijk van zoveel mogelijk roze en het begint te wennen. Vind de kleur eigenlijk steeds leuker en mooier.
    Er is nog hoop voor je, Maaike, met paars... Hihi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ik HOU van mood boards en ja ik ben ook al een beetje gevallen voor paars, sinds ik blog vind ik eigenlijk alle kleuren mooi, het is maar net hoe je ze toepast en dat is hier weer heerlijk gelukt :-)

    Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love purple and lilacs as you will see from the colour scheme of my blog!

    Welcome to scrummy purple loveliness !

    I've just bought some more lilac yarn so will be starting a new lilac project soon.

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a big purple fan but this combination is stunning - love the addition of mint green, rather than the darker greens I often see to make an 'aubergine' mix. It's much gentler and makes the purple look regal.

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~