Monday, January 31, 2011

Treasurestories

although I love to embroider and paint
I do not mind when other people do it for me

~  smile ~

I wonder
who embroidered hours and nights, in a rocking chair by the fire, and created these lovely skaters?
who sat down with a set of colours,  at the kitchen table, and painted this traybeauty, in the year I was born?


that is one of the things I love about second-hand shops
you can let your mind go when you look at the treasures
and give them their own stories


and just for now: we calmly glide and skate into the new winterweek
which I hope will be colourful for you all
and will be as warm and encouraging as all the Lovely comments you wrote on the former post

~ I am still glowing... ~

8 comments:

  1. How lovely they are....thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new banner Maaike! That little Dutch skating scene is so sweet! By the way, how would a non-Dutch speaking person like me pronounce Maaike? In my mind I say it to sound like 'maker'....is that right? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi hoor! Ik heb twee witte kleuterstoeltjes, die in een zelfde stijl door iemand beschilderd zijn. Om heel lang te koesteren ook al staan ze een beetje in de weg :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely...I too always wonder where these treasures have come from...who's hands has worked on them....if only they could talk.

    Happy February my friend....xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maaike - so your name is pronounced My-keh rather than May-keh...a very pretty name. I haven't started the quilt yet...I am finishing off some blankets for people and then am going to make myself a crochet hook roll to get used to the machine again! I will report on progress xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these beautiful things. You are so right...it is interesting to think about all the love and time and work someone put into making these things. I used to embroider and cross stitch quite a bit...makes me think I should pick it up again.
    Have a great day!
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Maaike, I simply LOVE your blog and I am enchanted with all colors you use in your work!! I love that vintage flowered fabric you used to make the cover of your sewing machine...oh, amazing!!! Whata delicate work! You know I do not have a cover for my sewing machine yet? rsrsrsrs...I don't!
    Thanks for your visit at Chá de Baunilha, your comment made my day! Much love to you!!! Bela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love those skaters...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~