Friday, October 12, 2012

Guest Post : Yarn from Las Vegas!


well, I must admit, I am pretty excited to announce the first ever guest post on creJJtion!

sweet Amanda from the Thornton journal blog approached me lately

and kindly offered to write a post about her local yarn shop... in Las Vegas

I have never been to Las Vegas, but I do have all kinds of visions in my mind of what it would look like,

based on the movies and stories from friends who visited

however, those visions never include 'normal life', let go yarn shops and projects

so of course I was super curious and said 'yes' to Amanda and her guest post!

~

please enjoy reading her story; watching her wonderful pictures,

all of them being pretty, but the 5th one is my favorite ~ I mean, those colors... wow

and her beautiful latest knit project with 4 needles and hexagons; something I haven't dared to start yet!

and make sure to check out her pretty blog to keep up with her yarn projects, as well as her super cute girls

thank you Amanda for your lovely contribution!

~

Hello creJJtion readers! it's Amanda here from the Thornton journal blog
I am so happy and honored to be able to share some photos and words with you today
my favorite posts that Maaike shares with us are the ones where she photographs her swoon worthy travels- especially when she hits up a yarn shop! 
so I thought as a guest writer, I would stay true to the creJJtion blog and share some photographs of my local yarn shop and a peek at my current knit project



the owner of this cozy shop fixed up old shutters with pegs,
 in order to display these rad skeins of yarn


a vintage high chair is used to display scarves,
knit up in the shop's novelty yarns


I just love all the hand painted yarn that is carried, 
and how organized the shop is with wicker baskets full of products


how cute is that antique cupboard!


not only does the owner carry some of my favorite brands of yarn, 
she also carries locally spun and dyed yarn


there is something about a jar brimming with needles that makes me so happy

~

Sin City Knit Shop is based out of, you guessed it, Las Vegas
it is actually a new shop, it has only been open for about 3 months now, 
but I am super excited to have such an aesthetically pleasing,
well stocked shop down the road (*cough* 30 minutes down the highway) 

you can find them on Facebook too

this was my first time visiting Sin City Knits, but I will definitely be back to stock up on some Noro yarn for my current knit project


I have been working on this Noro Hexagon Blanket for a little bit now. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the year, but with Christmas coming up, I might just put it on the back burner to work on some presents. I'm thinking my mom would love those wrist warmers Maaike just shared the pattern for- we shall see!

Well thank you Maaike for having me on your blog today, 
and I hope you creJJtion readers enjoyed my post
be sure to visit me at my blog for more of my yarn adventures

xo Amanda


3 comments:

  1. thank you Amanda, great story en pictures i love it!!!, i wish you and Crejjion a happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maaike for your kind words and having me on your blog!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooow thats soooo sooo cute

    hugs Conny

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~