Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Antiquing and a Finished Doily




every Sunday during Summer there is an antique market/ vintage sale going on not too far from us, in the little town of Aberfoyle. I was directed there by several people and finally we made it there. and oh what joy! such pretty display, friendly people, beautiful items, some rare finds and just a perfect atmosphere for a Sunday. I absolutely fell in love with that vintage jojo-quilt but it was out of my price range. but oh boy is that ever pretty? please don't tell me I should have gotten it...

I did take home some table cloths and aprons like you see on that red stand, and three little crochet items for a bargain: the little coasters with cute yellow flowers and the tiny squares attached into a pillow size square.


at the same time I finished a doily ~ oh yes, I am totally into them now ~ and all four went happily into the washer so I could block them. these are clearly the before-blocking pictures. stay tuned as I will reveal the blocking result soon!

in case you are in the neighbourhood and would like to check out the antique market in Aberfoyle, please have a look at their website for details.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Maaike,

    That place looks so delightful. The photos are fabulous. Love the doily making. Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maaike,
    what a beautiful market, and the quilt is fabulous! At least you can keep the picture, better than nothing....
    Your doily looks so sweet, I think I'll try to make óne, too. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Have a nice evening,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought you meant Aberfoyle in Scotland, not far from me! Lovely treasures.

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~