Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cozy Crochet with New Yarn



how I love this time of year. warm by the fireplace, candle light most times of the day, fifties Christmas music through the speakers… hmmm can't get cozy enough if you ask me! of course a little bit of crochet goes perfectly well with this. 

so here I go, starting a new project just in time before Christmas with Scheepjeswol Softfun yarn. it's a mix of 60% cotton and 40% acrylic yarn. usually I don't work with a mix yarn, but this would be the perfect yarn for washable potholders to keep their bright colours. 

for the pattern I send an email out to my dad's sisters, to see if they had any potholders left that were made by their mother, my grandma. and look! I am stepping in my grandmothers' footsteps and making the same potholders. I think a lot of her while I try to come up with a pattern through trial and error. where did she find the pattern? how many has she crocheted of these? did she enjoy it?


these beautiful cool blue tones remind me of peacock feathers… ooooh the possibilities
if you're looking for me, I am crocheting by candle light, working up a pattern for the both of us



xx


11 comments:

  1. Leuk patroon voor potholders. Lijkt me heerlijk garen om mee te haken!

    Groetjes van Ellebel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potholders are lovely, and so are your droopy melty candles!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pattern, congratulations, ania

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely, I hope you will let us know the pattern, great for presents, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are keeping traditions by using family patterns. Family is everything! I love the pot holders and the color combos! adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the idea to figure out your grandmothers potholders, great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een mooi patroon en kleuren! Helemaal gezellig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful colours your yarns are. They truly are peacock feather colours.
    Your pot holders look great too.
    Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pot holders and such lovely yarn! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oi amiga adoro teu blog sempre tem coisas lindas por aqui, abraços do Brasil
    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://vitrine.elo7.com.br/titacarre

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~