Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Spring Doily and a Little Pattern



it's been a while since I shared my doily love here on the blog, but no worries, it's still there. 
this doily is a pattern from the Simply Haken magazine, I showed it to you in this post. last week I finally managed to weave in the ends and block it.

so I guess this is a mini tadaa. I quite like the shape of the doily and for a change I have had it on my table since it was blocked. this is the first doily I made and actually use. I have my coffee or tea on it beside my computer and it makes me smile. it must be the Spring colours. the final edging in white was not in the pattern, so I wrote it out for you in the image above. I used scraps of regular Catania cotton together with hook size 3 mm, resulting in a rather large doily with a diameter of 23 cm, 9 inches.

doesn't it almost look edible? like candy?

talking about patterns, I shared some news on Instagram and Facebook today you might want to check out…


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! With pleasure I use the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious doily! I'm going to take the plunge and start making doilies this weekend, they are just too sweet to not have in the home! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very cute and I do indeed like the spring colours!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deze simply haken heb ik helaas niet, maar de doily is super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring can't come soon enough....3-5" today! Arg! Thanks for sharing.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/02/knit-socks-on-straight-needles-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty doily Maaike. I love the colours, they work so well together. Roll on Spring! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~