Friday, May 2, 2014

Update of Everything



well hello there :). life and other things were happening while I was absent here on the blog. it happens every now and then, that I stay away from blogging for a couple of days or weeks. always unintentionally, always because real life takes over and there is simply no time left in the days to take pictures, crochet or even sit down. 
do you bloggers recognize this?

the past weeks have been like that, and at the end of next week I will explain to you the reason why. if you like crochet you would like to tune in next week, to read all about it. quite exciting news is coming up, I think…

from now on things will slowly get back to normal and I plan to pick up my blogging routine as of next week. until then, let me show you some snap shots and highlights from the past weeks.

above you see some lovely tiny flowers, they all come from our garden. definitely part the joy of moving, is seeing what comes up in Spring!

below you see Floyd checking out on my styling with some pretty yarn colours. they are beautiful cotton bamboo yarn called Vinnis Bambi, which I got through Scaapi. it is my plan to show and tell you more about it next week.


I did make a tiny bit of progress with my flower squares that aim to become a cushion cover for our new upholstered chair. I am almost there, a blog post about these squares is in the making!

below you see the most pretty eggs from a lovely farm we found close by our home recently. if you're planning a little outing to Noord-Brabant you definitely want to stop by this place for a warm welcome, to visit their beautiful shop, to stay at their cottage or have a personal meeting with the cows. you can find this lovely family and all about their activities here.


have a lovely weekend and I'd love to see you next week, with some regular posts and non-phone pictures.

xo

13 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Bambi!! It's a lovely yarn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of your posts :) I love your all images...
    Happy weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to catch up and see what you have been up to! Looking forward to hearing your news. I hope that you have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een mooie foto's - ben benieuwd voor wat er volgende week gaat komen !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat ziet het er weer mooi , sfeervol en gezellig uit. Ik blijf het volgende week natuurlijk volgen......spannend,
    Wat een lief garen! Fijn weekend , ook voor jou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so gorgeous! Oh goodness, I just want to jump into each photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Een heerlijke post Maaike. Mooie kleurtjes, haaksels en bloemen. Leuk dat je volgende week het nieuws bekend maakt :-)!

    Fijn weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! I can relate completely to 'real life' getting in the way, but it sounds like you have some exciting reasons why you've been absent! I have fallen in love with bamboo cotton lately, it crochets up a dream, doesn't it? Now I'm off to check out the links you suggested...and I look forward to seeing more of those gorgeous floral squares! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nu kun je eindelijk even rusten, geniet vh weekend, stilte voor de (positive) storm denk ik! Liefs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! I need some bamboo cotton now...I have had a few absences on my blog it's just one of those things sometimes you have to set aside blog life for real life x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy to find a post from you and I will certainly be back next week...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who would think eggs could be beautiful! You just did it dear. You captured the beauty in something simple from everyday life. Lovely post. Can't wait until next week.
    Xxx
    Annette
    My Rose Valley

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're pictures always look so gorgeous. I need to come to you for styling lessons! Anyway, can't wait to read more of your exciting news, clever Maaike!

    S x

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~