Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Knitting For a Change



just so I would not forget how to knit, I started a little project on two needles. no, just kidding. I don't think I will ever forget how to knit. it was just easier to work these three threads on knitting needles instead of a crochet hook. 

inspired by the current copper trend, I combined a copper embroidery thread together with a variegated yarn in copper-like colours and an organic cream white cotton. using just a simple moss stitch that started with 3 stitches and increased by 1 every row, until 22 stitches wide. I love how mixing yarns results in new textures, colours and 'fabric'. the variegated yarn will change into a bright teal in the end, I am excited to see how that will work out with the copper embroidery thread. that itself is giving just a little festive spark to the mixture, not too much. just the way I like it. this little flag-like piece you see in the pictures will hopefully end up becoming an indoor scarf to spark up my outfits, let's say for a nice dinner with the husband. I should make a deal with him: I finish the scarf, you make dinner reservations :). he sometimes reads my blog, so I'd better hurry and knit a few more rows…

xo


7 comments:

  1. So pretty, and a lovely idea to combine the copper coloured thread.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful colour combo and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These day i feel close to knitting also. ı want to knit baby carding with circular needles but need a pattern son, ill check.
    what do u knit exactly now? ıs that a scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful... ! Great idea !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really loving the color combo! I wish I knew how to knit. I keep trying ...and failing LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely, sadly I am not a knitter, and as you say trying to crochet three yarns at once could be very tricky - just keeping them all from running off over the floor would be a challenge for me! I hope that you enjoy wearing it - and that you get a dinner out!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really interesting, I really like the look of the colour changing yarn, show us when you're done!
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

~ sweet thank you for your lovely words ~